Monday, August 23, 2010

New, Free Handwriting Without Tears "Tool"

I was so excited to get the new HWT catalog because I found out about this new tool for their customers - create your own worksheets. It's very easy to use. After you are registered and/or logged in, click "Get Started", select the grade level of your student, choose the type of layout you need, edit right on screen and print. It's a great way to make your own spelling and vocabulary sheets. There are a limited number of options for layout designs but free is always good, right?
Another site I use to create our own HWT pages is abcteach.com. This site is loaded with tons of printouts that can be used for color sheets, games, lap books, practice sheets, report diagrams and a zillion other things. There is an annual fee for full access which includes the ability to create your own sheets. The bonus is that you can create and save your work. You can also mark any abcteach.com documents as "favorites" so it's easy to find them again. I really liked this feature since I like to work ahead as much as possible. Even if you don't opt for the premium membership, there is still a lot of good stuff on this site.
Enjoy your week and I hope these sites make life a bit easier for you. They certainly do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment