Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun work box / center idea - free!

My son loves Lego's. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with them. I hate the way they seem to be all over the floor despite my best efforts but I love the results. Like most boys, fine motor skills are not his strong suit and so his handwriting was, shall we say, not so good. However, this summer I have seen huge improvements and I credit that to the hours of Lego building that he has been doing. Using the small bricks has built hand control and strength. So to make us both happy, I am planning on moving the Lego's down to the school room and putting building diagrams in a work box - great for fine motor development and planning / thinking skills. I have printed out some activities from Family Fun. Now I get to ramp it up with a free Lego Club magazine! Baker will love getting mail and I will love having some fun skill-building activities that he loves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment