Saturday, July 10, 2010

Organizing the day, the work, the space - part 1

I'm so excited because today my parents are taking the children so that DH (Brad) and I can put the school room together - or at least get it arranged. I have been so inspired by Sue Patrick's Workbox System after attending a Home School Expo webinar. If schooling wherever you feel like it and your kids thrive in that environment, this system is probably not for you. However, if you are looking for more structure, check it out. I'm very impressed and ready to implement it.
After last year, I realized that Baker and I needed more structure, clear expectations and a dedicated place free from as many distractions as possible. The playroom area of the "man cave" has been nothing but a dumping ground because the DS (Baker) and DD (Anna Marie) just want to play where I am, I decided that the time had come to take control of that space. After being inspired by Sue Patrick, I was even more motivated. Of course, since I used to teach school I get excited about having the chance again to create a true learning environment. What can I say; it's how God designed me so why fight it? LOL! I'll get pix up of our room in progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment