Monday, July 12, 2010

Organizing the day, the work, the space - part 2

It's amazing how much can be accomplished when the little ones are out of the house for several hours in a row, isn't it? The furniture was cleaned, the last of the toys were moved upstairs and my husband's "stuff" was moved to his side of the room. I was high from the Goof-Off fumes even with the garage door open. Why do adults insist on putting their chewed up gum on furniture instead of a trash can? But, I digress. I bought a wooden printer table and a computer desk at the Arkansas State Surplus warehouse for - get this - $8 TOTAL. AND they loaded the tables into the van for me. The printer table is one of those that was used with dot matrix printers so there is a slot in the top and the computer desk was one from before the "laptop keyboard tray" era. They cleaned up very well and we are quite excited about our "new" furniture. The bonus for me is that my table is lower than actual desks and since I top out at 5 feet, it works much better for me.
I have to resist the urge to make every day a "teacher work day" right now. For some reason, these little people expect to be fed and such - LOL! The room is not as "pretty" as I would like but it didn't cost a small fortune, either so I will learn to love what I DO have.

For my fellow central Arkansans looking for office and/or school furniture, the warehouse is open on Wednesdays and is located on Young Street. Message me if you need more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment